Federal Stafford Loan

Federal Stafford Loans are available through the Federal Family Educational Loan (FFEL) Program. The funds for Stafford Loans come from a bank, credit union or other lender that participates in the FFEL Program.

In order to apply for Stafford Loans, students must complete the FAFSA form and any other preliminary paper which includes a Stafford Loan Worksheet.

First-time borrowers at LIT must also sign-up for an in-person Entrance Counseling Session.

Students have the option to choose any lender that participates in the FFEL program whether or not they are on the LIT Lender List.