Need help paying for your education? Explore your options.
For students who qualify, financial assistance from a variety of sources can make education more affordable and keep your career goals within reach.
Understanding Financial Aid Options
As a student at Lamar Institute of Technology, your financial aid options include aid that does not need to be repaid such as need-based grants, work-study programs and scholarships. It also includes loans that you repay over time after graduation.
Start your financial aid journey with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).This application determines your level of need and may qualify you for assistance.
The Office of Student Financial Aid is here to support you with information and resources to make your financial aid application process as clear and easy as possible, from completion of the FAFSA application through the management of your award.
- Texas resident eligible for in-state tuition
- Have filed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Have a financial need and are eligible for federal Title IV aid
- Have affirmed they were affected by COVID-19
- Enrolled in one of the approved Finish Line programs full time or part time
- Have not been enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution in the previous academic (long) semester or previous six months
- Must have completed at least 50% or more of your credential program upon re-enrollment
Work-study through federal and/or state programs allows you to help fund your education through part-time jobs on campus and some federally-approved nonprofit agencies. These programs allow you to work around your class schedule and gain valuable on-the-job experience.
Funds administered by the scholarship committee are awarded on the basis of academic achievement, programs of study, or special skills demonstrated by students. Consideration is given to extra-curricular activities such as leadership positions, career accomplishments, or honors and awards received. Departmental scholarships may also be available based on a student’s chosen field of study.
Students applying for scholarships administered by Lamar Institute of Technology should apply on our website at www.lit.edu. New students will need to submit an academic transcript along with the scholarship application.