What is Title IX?
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX) prohibits sex (gender-based) discrimination and harassment in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial funding.Lamar Institute of Technology is committed to providing an educational environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment, including gender-based discrimination and harassment. Sexual harassment, which includes sexual violence, is a form of harassment. Lamar Institute of Technology provides support and resources to students, faculty, and staff to address concerns related to gender-based discrimination and harassment, including sexual misconduct.
Lamar Institute of Technology has designated a Title IX Coordinator to assist the community regarding gender-based discrimination and harassment. Some of the responsibilities of the Title IX Coordinator include:
- Overseeing Title IX compliance for their institution;
- Tracking and monitoring incidents, including gender-based discrimination and sexual misconduct;
- Ensuring prompt and equitable resolution of complaints;
- Coordinating training, education, and prevention efforts; and
- Providing information on options for responding to and resolving complaints.
Lamar Institute of Technology’s Title IX Coordinator plays an integral role to provide positive living, learning, and working environments for the entire community.
TSUS Sexual Misconduct Policy
Violence Against Women Act Requirements and the Intersections with Title IX Class (April 25, 2022)
Academic Impressions Advanced Title IX Investigator: Training and Certification July 11, 2022
Academic Impressions Advanced Title IX Investigator: Training and Certification July 12, 2022
Academic Impressions Supporting Your Primary Witness During a Title IX Cross-Examination
Academic Impressions The 5 Stages of Preparing Your Title IX Investigative Report
Academic Impressions The Value of Relevance During Cross-Examination in Title IX Hearings
Academic Impressions Mitigating and Responding to Bias in your Title IX Process
Academic Impressions 5 Steps to Facilitate Your Title IX Hearing Deliberation Meetings
Academic Impressions Conducting Trauma-Informed Investigations for Sexual Misconduct Cases
Academic Impressions Assessing Credibility in Title IX Cases
Academic Impressions Building Skills to Successfully Mediate Title IX Harassment Cases Day 1
Academic Impressions Building Skills to Successfully Mediate Title IX Harassment Cases Day 2
Academic Impressions Foundations for New Title IX Coordinators
Academic Impressions New Federal Title IX Regulations: Changes to the Investigative Process
Academic Impressions Overcoming Bias in Your Title IX Investigative Process
Academic Impressions Title IX Appeal Officers: A Skills Training and Certification
Academic Impressions Title IX Evidence Collection: Strategies to Ensure a Complete Investigation
Husch Blackwell Annual Title IX Training 2021
Title IX & Sexual Harassment Response Training Date: 08/2020 (Training Slides)
File a Title IX Report
Use this link to report gender-based discrimination or harassment, including sexual misconduct
Brenda McKayPhone: 4092474838
Any student, faculty or staff member, or applicant for admission or employment who has concerns about gender-based discrimination and harassment, including sexual misconduct, is encouraged to seek the assistance of a Title IX coordinator.
Contact a coordinator if you:
- Wish to understand your options for responding to gender-based discrimination and harassment, including sexual misconduct;
- Learn of a situation that you feel may warrant investigation;
- Need help on how to handle a situation by which you are indirectly affected;
- Seek guidance on possible informal remedies or administrative measures to de-escalate or alleviate a difficult situation;
- Have questions about your institution’s policies and grievance procedures