Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX) prohibits sex (gender-based) discrimination and harassment in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial funding.Lamar Institute of Technology is committed to providing an educational environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment, including gender-based discrimination and harassment. Sexual harassment, which includes sexual violence, is a form of harassment. Lamar Institute of Technology provides support and resources to students, faculty, and staff to address concerns related to gender-based discrimination and harassment, including sexual misconduct.
Lamar Institute of Technology has designated a Title IX Coordinator to assist the community regarding gender-based discrimination and harassment. Some of the responsibilities of the Title IX Coordinator include:
- Overseeing Title IX compliance for their institution;
- Tracking and monitoring incidents, including gender-based discrimination and sexual misconduct;
- Ensuring prompt and equitable resolution of complaints;
- Coordinating training, education, and prevention efforts; and
- Providing information on options for responding to and resolving complaints.
Lamar Institute of Technology’s Title IX Coordinator plays an integral role to provide positive living, learning, and working environments for the entire community.
Use this link to report gender-based discrimination or harassment, including sexual misconduct
Who is the Title IX Coordinator?
The name and contact information for Lamar Institute of Technology’s Title IX Coordinator is listed below. If you have a question or concern about gender-based discrimination or harassment, including sexual misconduct, you should speak with Lamar Institute of Technology’s Title IX Coordinator.
Office: Cecil Beeson Building Room 119
When should I contact a Title IX coordinator?
Any student, faculty or staff member, or applicant for admission or employment who has concerns about gender-based discrimination and harassment, including sexual misconduct, is encouraged to seek the assistance of a Title IX coordinator.
Contact a coordinator if you:
- Wish to understand your options for responding to gender-based discrimination and harassment, including sexual misconduct;
- Learn of a situation that you feel may warrant investigation;
- Need help on how to handle a situation by which you are indirectly affected;
- Seek guidance on possible informal remedies or administrative measures to de-escalate or alleviate a difficult situation;
- Have questions about your institution’s policies and grievance procedures