Construction and Maintenance
Precision Maintenance Skills 1 Course
Learn How to Easily Double or Triple Rotating Equipment Life by making vibration much lower through the elimination of common assembly errors and adherence to rigid precision installation, rebuild, and maintenance standards which we will show you how to achieve with little or no extra down time.
Course Description: Participants will disassemble, reassemble, correct defects, perform precision alignment for both in-line coupled & v-belt driven machines, and measure the noticeable improvements as common field & shop assembly errors are eliminated from our running and static simulators. Course Objectives include:
- Understand what Precision Maintenance Is & how to achieve w/o extra downtime
- How to identify and avoid common assembly errors
- Understand and correct common fit & tolerance problems
- Learn basic bearing installation problems and corrections
- Learn what is good, fair, and bad vibration & how it affects equipment life
- How to lower vibration & exponentially improve Bearing life (MTBF)
- How to significantly improve and retain balance
- How to improve upon "status-quo" alignment standards & achieve precision alignment.
- How to create smooth running belt drives
- How to reduce energy consumption 5%, 10%, or more on most Equipment
- Learn Common Lubrication Errors & How to Avoid
Recommended Audience: Maintenance and Construction Craftsmen, Apprentices, Front-line Supervisors, Project & Reliability Engineers, Maintenance Managers, & Superintendents, Operations Personnel and significant others implementing plant reliability improvement.