WHY WORK AT LIT?
LIT is a Texas state agency, and our employees enjoy excellent State health insurance benefits, participation in the State’s pension plan for retirement, and generous time off. Below are a few examples of these superb benefits!
- There is NO WAITING PERIOD for health insurance coverage, and Employee-Only medical coverage premiums are 100% paid by the state!
- LIT employees enjoy SEVENTEEN (17) built-in days off, including TWO (2) weeks off for Winter Break!
- Vacation Time - LIT employees accrue hours every month, with a maximum earning potential of approximately SIX WEEKS off per year! This is in addition to the built-in days off!
- Sick Time - LIT employees accrue hours every month, and there is NO MAXIMUM accrual! You can even use sick time to care for your immediate family when they are sick.
- LIT helps pay for you and your immediate family's education!
- Other benefits offered include flex and heath savings accounts, life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) and short and long-term disability insurance.
Select the "Employment Opportunities" link below to learn more about our career opportunities.